Monday 12 October 2009

Some recent bakes...

Blueberry muffins. I cant even tell you how proud I am of these. I used a recipe from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook. I was expecting a disaster...They taste SO good! They literally lasted 2 minutes :D


Its SO my favourite cookbook right now :) Ive also made delicious brownies & cookies from it! :D

My mum always goes on at me because I use "american" recipes and she prefers "english recipes"...SO today I decided to bake a coconut cake using an english recipe.

NOW coconut cake is my mums speciality. It took me about 10mins to sift through some online recipes and I went with the one with the strangest method (ofcourse).

This was the result:


Now it may not look like much (lets be honest, regular coconut cakes never look pretty) BUT...Wow! It tastes SOOOOOOOOOO good :D Nom Nom indeed! There isnt much left :S Its ridiculously more-ish. Its just so light and spongey. Needless to say my mother had to accept defeat, she LOVES it.

Im not sure what to bake next...I think it should be something chocolatey in celebration of it being National Chocolate Week! :D

XoX

No comments:

Post a Comment